Why Professional Pest Control Is A Great Idea For West Palm Beach Homes
April 29, 2020
By definition, pests are not something anyone wants to deal with. At best, they are annoying and a nuisance creating a less than pleasurable living environment. Unfortunately, most pests such as cockroaches and rodents pose a serious problem for people in West Palm Beach. Some of the problems they can cause include threatening your health, crop damage, property damage, food contamination, and pain. With so many negative side effects of a pest problem, some people have developed insomnia due to the stress associated with an infestation. To make matters worse, every pest acts differently and causes different problems.
Some pests like wasps or mosquitoes sting or bite, while others like rodents chew everything they can find in the house while carrying pathogens that can cause severe illness. Regardless of the pest in question, homeowners aim to keep pests off of their property to protect their family members as well as the structural integrity of their homes. For this reason, it's important to invest in professional pest control.
Why DIY Ultimately Fails
Many homeowners are tempted to tackle their pest problems on their own. Some may feel like they can legitimately handle the problem. Others may seek to save money. Regardless of their reason, one thing is always true: each pest is handled on a case-by-case basis. This is a mistake that is best avoided.
We’ve put together a list of reasons why homeowners should be wary of DIY pest control options:
- Treats the symptoms only: When you utilize do-it-yourself pest control, you’re reacting to what you see and observe. When you see a roach, rodent, or some other pest, you may put out some traps and even catch a few of them. However, this doesn’t address other problems like where they’re nesting or the extent of the infestation. Typically, if you see one pest, there are many more hidden throughout your home. Furthermore, if you don't treat the problem immediately, it will get out of hand in a hurry.
- Underestimating the enemy: Besides underestimating their numbers, the individual pests are often underestimated, which results in sub-par efforts for elimination. For example, did you check and seal every single entry point? After all, mice can fit in holes as small as a dime in size, and insects will find their way inside any crack or crevice.
- Harm to yourself: Any time dangerous chemicals or sprays are involved, you run the risk of harming yourself to remove the unwanted pests. Some notable problems people have experienced include respiratory issues, chemical burns, and other similar problems.
- Nuisance pests: Some pests are just troublesome enough that you may not want to treat them on your own. An example of this would be spiders. Many people are scared of them, so why not bring in the professionals so you don’t have to handle things? Also, some pests like local wildlife may require a professional to handle the problem due to local laws.
Reach Out To The Professionals At Native Pest Management
At this point, you may be convinced to seek out professional assistance. However, it still pays to know what to expect from your pest management professionals. As a rule, pest control companies have three areas of expertise that make them invaluable. These areas include:
- Identify/eliminate pests: No two pests are identical. Even if the pest is a common one, the exact species still need to be identified. Plus, each pest interacts with the environment in different ways. Your pest control professional will not only know how to identify the pest, but they will also know how to eliminate them.
- Find the source: True pest control requires addressing the problem at the source. This means taking out their nests and home base. Pest control companies know how to find these and have the training necessary to eliminate these nests properly.
- Time: Professionals know what they’re doing and will be able to quickly deliver effective results. Plus, they have better resources, which means no waiting on supplies.
At Native pest Management, we work with you to deliver Integrated Pest Management strategies that deliver unmatched results. Our team uses pet-friendly and eco-friendly home pest control solutions to ensure you and your loved ones stay safe during treatment. Are you in need of pest control services? Then give us a call to speak with one of our agents about our professional mosquito control options or fill out our online form to schedule your free inspection.
What Our Customers Are Saying
Mike M. was amazing! He was very diligent and he explained everything! I have had another gentleman come here and offer the same service. This company is great and their employees are very informative, friendly, and I am thankful for the customer service they provide! Thanks for everything, Mike!