Why Professional Lawn Care Is A Great Idea For Your Fort Lauderdale Yard
November 12, 2020
Maintaining a healthy and full lawn is a deceptively easy-looking task. Even now, you might be thinking, how hard could it really be? All you need is a lawnmower, right? This would be great if it were the case, but then again, if it were, we would be out of a job. If you want a beautiful yard, but don’t know where to start, professional lawn care is right for you. Here is everything you need to know to get started.
Why Lawn Care Is A Yearly Task
In many ways, the north has things easier than we do. Winters cover yards with snow, and summers are moderate, which allows grass to live happily and healthily with less help. Here in the south, however, grass grows year-round, and blistering temperatures during the summer make keeping lawns healthy more challenging.
Keeping up with a happy and healthy lawn requires several things. Here are just a few of the necessities for maintaining a green lawn.
- Proper watering: Lawns must be watered at least once a day, especially during seasons of high heat and dry weather. The biggest struggle many homeowners have is knowing when to water and how long to do so.
- Weed management: Many different weeds attack lawns on a yearly basis. To fight back against weeds post and pre-emergent treatments are needed. The problem is knowing which treatment to use and which one will work best. All of this requires a vast amount of knowledge and training to do right.
- Fertilization: The backbone of any healthy lawn is its fertilizer. Finding the right fertilizer, however, is an arduous task. To start, you need to test the PH balance of your yard’s soil. Once you know this, you have to find a fertilizer that matches your readings at a local gardening store. If you have never looked before, there are hundreds of options, and only a select few, and sometimes only one, is right for your lawn. Even if you find the fertilizer that works best, knowing how and when to apply, it is another battle altogether.
- Proper mowing: Every lawn has a different height it likes its grass to be cut at. Most often, this depends on the type of grass your lawn has. Understanding how to determine this is important to optimizing your yard’s general health.
- Thatch management: As grass dies, a layer of thatch is created just above the topsoil. Over time, thatch strangles grass and causes it to be unhealthy and unsightly. Fortunately, there are ways to remove this harmful layer. It just takes the right tools and equipment for the job.
- Pest control: Pests damage lawns. Knowing how to identify each and what treatments to use to keep them away is extremely important. Even if you do everything else right, an infestation of pests destroying your grass, trees, and plantlife can ruin everything. Native Pest Management offers reliable pest control plans in Fort Lauderdale.
Professional Lawn Care
If you decide that taking care of your lawn is something you want to do, we wish you the best of luck. We appreciate beautiful grass as much as anyone does. If you would rather sit back, enjoy life, and not have to deal with everything that maintaining a healthy lawn entails, professional lawn care is what you need.
At Native Pest Management, we have what it takes to get and keep your lawn lush and beautiful. We will make sure no step is missed and that everything is done according to the book so that at the end of the day, your neighbors will want your lawn for themselves.
Give our team a call today to discuss your options for home pest control services or to schedule an appointment for your Fort Lauderdale property.
What Our Customers Are Saying
Explained in detail what steps would be taken to rid my home of the problem pest and how it would be effective. The technician arrived when he said he would and professionally went about his job. Three visits are scheduled ten days apart. I’ve seen no bugs since three days after first visit. I have confidence my issue is resolved.