What Everyone In West Palm Beach Needs To Know About Termite Season
March 05, 2021
Did you know that termites don’t need to sleep? If that doesn't make you worried about the coming termite season, it should! Spotting springtime termite swarms in or around your property are often the first sign of a serious pest problem brewing about the house. These swarms are made up of sexually mature termites known as alates. These alates must find a mate before scouting out welcoming habitats for a new colony. If the right circumstances are present, this habitat may include your household!
Termites create over five billion dollars worth of damage in households worldwide and significantly limit the safety of your home and family. If you don’t act fast, you could be another victim of these silent killers’ foul designs.
Making Your West Palm Beach Property Less Hospitable To Termite Swarmers
Here’s something that everyone in West Palm Beach should know about termite season: it doesn’t just start in spring. In fact, termites are fully capable of living year-round in mild climates, including our slice of heaven here in Florida. High levels of humidity coupled with hot summers and warm winters allow wood-eating pests to be active all times of the year.
If you are looking for new ways to make your property less hospitable to termite swarmers and their effects, you’ve come to the right place. Let’s take a look at some of the most helpful prevention tips listed below:
- Do what you can to remove excess moisture both inside and outside the home.
- Potholes, ditches, and other dips in the lawn should be filled in with topsoil. Household moisture can be mitigated with a dehumidifier or set of desiccant bags.
- Do what you can to remove soil to wood contact around the lawn, especially in areas surrounding the house. Mulching can be replaced with pea gravel or river rock, or even rubber chips for hassle-free landscaping.
- Eliminate entry points such as cracks in walls, gaps in window screens, and rot in door sweeps. Use indoor-outdoor caulking to help seal problem spaces.
- If termites or other wood-eating pests are still concerning you this spring, schedule an inspection through Native Pest Management to get the bottom of your unique termite concerns.
Native Pests Require Native Solutions – Native Pest Management
From drywood and subterranean termites to mysterious Formosan termites, these wood-eating pests know how to make a big mess. No part of your home is safe from their chewing, continuing 24 hours a day, seven days a week until there’s no more wood to be found (in your house, that is). Of course, the danger of termites running amok in your home may not seem like a big deal to you, but that is subject to change this spring – especially during termite season.
Early this spring, make it a point to prioritize your home’s safety with the professional assistance you need to make a difference in termite control. The best form of termite protection for your West Palm Beach home will be found in Native Pest Management, your local and family-owned business with over three generations of hands-on experience. We make termite management a snap, with a unique set of sprays, dusts, and baits that keep your household safe all year long. For business owners, opt into an annual termite inspection that covers your investment from top to bottom.
Get a head start on termite prevention this spring with a helpful visit from Native Pest Management. Your next service is only a phone call, contact form, or personalized inspection away. Don’t ignore your home and hope for the best. Invest in safety with Native Pest Management!