West Palm Beach's Ultimate Spring Time Pest Prevention Guide
March 19, 2021
They aren’t just out to get you: they’re out to get your entire home! There are quite literally hundreds of thousands of pest species living in the United States, several hundred of which survive and thrive right here in West Palm Beach. With the return of warmer weather fast approaching, springtime pests of all kinds, such as cockroaches and rodents, are beginning to wake from their slumbers.
Some of the most iconic repeat offenders include:
While springtime heat may attract more pest species than usual, the year-long warmth of West Palm Beach allows these vile creatures to attempt invasion at any time of year. If you want to ensure that your people, pets, and properties will be safe from harm this year, prevention will be crucial.
Spring Cleaning For Springtime Pests
Before you address the more serious issues in your home, you must first attack the property with some well-focused spring-cleaning efforts such as:
- Clean often forgotten places as thoroughly and as completely as you can. This includes the space underneath heavy appliances (refrigerators, ovens, etc), the backs of closets, attics, and crawl spaces.
- Store your food and trash properly in sealed or airtight bins. Remove filled garbage bags from the home at least once per week. Do not allow food items to sit out in open spaces for any lengthy periods of time.
- Clear out any yard debris that may have lingered since last year. Rake up leaf piles, stack firewood and sticks properly, and trim back any large branches or vegetation patches that are growing too close to the home.
- Be sure to clean out and mow around outbuildings and the corners of your property, inspecting for signs of pest activity or wildlife movement.
Next, move to the more in-depth or complicated areas of the home and:
- Address leaks and other moisture issues with pipe repairs, dehumidifiers, and desiccant bags.
- Do what you can to seal up potential entry points forming around the house. Using waterproof sealant, caulk up cracks in walls, splits around doors and windows, and fissures forming between the foundations of the home and the soil.
- Add a chimney cap to all chimney outputs in the home.
- Be sure to add weatherproofing to all doors and windows.
Evaluate Your Spring Efforts With Native Pest Management
From the smallest household insect to the largest spring wildlife species, preventing pests from entering your property this spring will be a monumental effort. No matter hard you try, you may be fighting a battle you just can’t win. Prevention steps and do-it-yourself (DIY) efforts are great first steps towards a pest-free home, but they are by no means the last word in spring pest control. If you are truly serious about keeping your home and family safe from pests this spring, you will need to reach out to a South Florida professional pest control agency right away.
Native Pest Management is the local pest agency you need, managing more than three generations of pest control experience under a single brand. Our three-step system of inspections, treatments, and follow-up visits ensure that no pest stands a chance against our collective might.
The best form of pest protection will be with ongoing assistance from the West Palm Beach pest professionals at Native Pest Management. Don’t believe it? Reach out and get in contact with the team at our West Palm Beach location to ask any and all questions about our treatment options. We are ready to meet your needs right where you’re at – no exceptions. Discover the difference Native Pest Management can make today!
What Our Customers Are Saying
Explained in detail what steps would be taken to rid my home of the problem pest and how it would be effective. The technician arrived when he said he would and professionally went about his job. Three visits are scheduled ten days apart. I’ve seen no bugs since three days after first visit. I have confidence my issue is resolved.