Twelve Easy, Yet Effective, Ant Control Tips For West Palm Beach Property Owners
November 26, 2020
Ants are incredibly gifted creatures. Not only can they lift things that are over a hundred times their body weight, but they work together towards common goals without fighting. It’s amazing, but also unfortunate. Why? Because ants use all these gifts doing things that cause trouble for homeowners. If you are looking for a way to keep ants out of your West Palm Beach home, consider these twelve easy yet effective control tips.
Common Ants Around West Palm Beach
There are more than one species of ants that live here in West Palm Beach. We have carpenter ants, fire ants, pharaoh ants, Argentine ants, ghost ants, tawny crazy ants, white-footed ants, and many more. Most species of ants that live in our area are harmless and do not pose any risk to you, your pets, or your home. Only a couple are dangerous or destructive. Here is how to identify each:
- Carpenter ants: Carpenter ants are known for being the largest species of ant that lives here in America. These ⅝” long, black, red, and sometimes black and red pests invade deep into the wood of homes to build their nests. Every year homeowners here in America dish out big money to fix damage caused by carpenter ants around their homes. Our goal is to keep you out of this statistic.
- Pharaoh ants: You can identify pharaoh ants by their pale yellow color and darker colored abdomens. Although small, pharaoh ants pose a big risk to the residents whose homes they invade. These pests carry bacteria, pathogens, and parasites on and inside their bodies, and you need to do everything you can to keep your food out of their reach. They threaten sickness wherever they go. If you think your home is infested by these pests, do call the professionals at Native Pest Management right away!
How To Prevent Ants
Not all ants are prevented in the same way. To help you keep ants out of your home and off your property, use these twelve general prevention tips:
- Eliminate sources of standing water around your property
- Mow your grass at least once a week
- Keep your bushes and trees well-trimmed
- Make sure your gutters are clean and damage-free
- Repair or replace structural wood around your home that is water damaged, rotting, or decaying
- Use a caulking gun or some liquid cement to seal gaps, cracks, and holes in your home’s exterior foundation
- Inspect your home’s window or door screens and make sure they are in good working order
- Install door sweeps under exterior doors if you have not already
- Keep your home and yard as clean as possible
- Be careful not to leave out food or beverages, but instead store them inside airtight containers
- Pick up after your pets and clean out their food and water bowls after they finish with them
- Make sure all of your interior and exterior trash cans have tight-fitting lids
The less accessible and attractive your home is the better. If you plan on preventing ants on your own, make sure to be thorough with the steps above. Even the smallest opening can lead to a home filled with pests.
A Better Way To Prevent Ants
If you like the idea of an ant-free home, but hate thinking about the work required to get there, we have the perfect option for you at Native Pest Management. With just a few months of our services, you will forget what it is like living with troublesome pests like ants. Give us a call today at Native Pest Management to find quality pest solutions you can trust in West Palm Beach to keep you and your home protected against pests.
What Our Customers Are Saying
Mike M. was amazing! He was very diligent and he explained everything! I have had another gentleman come here and offer the same service. This company is great and their employees are very informative, friendly, and I am thankful for the customer service they provide! Thanks for everything, Mike!